Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$50.00 - $70.00 per hour
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Assignment Length:4 month contract
HireArt is helping our client, an innovator in AI technology, hire a skilled Systems Engineer to support autonomous vehicle initiatives. Candidates local to the Bay Area are preferred, but this role is also open to highly qualified remote applicants based throughout the U.S.
This is a 4-month contract position with potential for conversion to a permanent role for the right candidate. This is an exciting opportunity to work on one of the most interesting, impactful problems of the decade, and to collaborate with forward-thinking problem-solvers in a dynamic startup environment.
The ideal candidate is highly experienced in systems engineering and embedded systems development, including in an automotive context or similar.
As Systems Engineer with Helm.ai, you will:
- Develop and tune drivers for sensors and actuators on consumer-grade vehicles.
- Design Helm software integration plans for OEM vehicles.
- Identify algorithmic changes needed for adapting to various sensor sets.
- Integrate Helm software into OEM middleware.
- Design and implement bench testing frameworks for Helm software.
- Work closely with AV engineers and Research engineers to deploy AI software to embedded devices.
- Lead efforts to design and follow functional safety best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of hands on experience with real time apps and OSes (like QNX, VxWorks etc.) on embedded hardware
- Experience with embedded systems development
- Experience with CUDA and TensorRT in an embedded context
- Linux experience
- Great communicator and collaborator
- Experience on drivers and/or kernels is ideal
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 4-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. There is the potential for extension/conversion to a permanent position for the right candidate. Candidates local to the Bay Area are preferred, but this role is also open to highly qualified remote applicants based throughout the U.S. HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Helm.ai is a team of elite mathematicians and engineers, building the next generation of AI algorithms for autonomous driving. Our goal is enabling widespread L4/L5 autonomy - that is, algorithmic vehicular navigation that functions across many environments, at beyond the safety level of humans, yet completely independent from any human input. Our approach leverages a novel combination of tools from applied mathematics and deep learning to create truly scalable learning systems that do not rely on human annotation across the full spectrum of autonomy, including vision-based perception, sensor fusion, mapping, path planning and control. https://www.helm.ai/