Location:Palo Alto, CA
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping The World’s Fastest Growing Ride-share Company hire a Senior Test Engineer. In this role, you’ll develop and design testing hardware, requirements, infrastructure, and production and automations solutions for complex systems.
We’re seeking a Senior Test Engineer with a successful track record in owning test engineering projects. You’re analytical and a creative problem solver, with the ability to identify root cause issues, debug systems, and produce effective testing solutions.
You’re experienced in hardware functional testing and documentation, are knowledgable in robotics or automotive electromechanical requirements, and have a background working in fast-paced environments with diverse teams and manufactures.
This is a 6-month contract position with benefits and potential for extension. A typical schedule is 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, with 3 days on-site in Palo Alto and 2 days working from home/remote per week.
As Senior Test Engineer, you will:
- Design test hardware, circuitry and fixtures.
- Work with the hardware engineering team to provide testing requirements.
- Work closely with the software team to establish test infrastructure and automation solutions.
- Architect test solutions for product characterization and production.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) simulation and testing environments
- Hardware functional testing and documentation experience
- Knowledge of robotics and/or automotive electromechanical requirements, design and testing
- Experience preparing and executing test plans and clear test reports
- Experience working with design, firmware engineering and contract manufacturing partners
- A quantitative and analytical mindset to identify root cause issues
- A high level of attention to detail with strong debugging skills
- Experience using statistical data analysis to provide in-depth understanding and risk assessments of designs and manufacturing processes
- Experience developing DFMEAs and PFMEAs
- A record of successful test engineering project ownership
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, including rapid prototype development and automation testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with process development
- Proven track record of shipping hardware products
- C, C++ and python skills, particularly in an embedded real-time environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional technical teams
- Testing experience with ECU, Power Supply, and GPU intensive circuit board and computer systems
- Experience working with International Manufacturing sites & suppliers
- Experience qualifying products to comply with automotive qualification testing
- Experience with (or willingness to learn) data acquisition systems
- Familiarity with design tools such as SolidWorks, Altium, or similar
- Experience developing test solutions for complex systems in automotive, robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy or similar industries
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.