Expected Salary$55 - $58 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Senior Accounting Manager to work on-site at our client’s Mountain View office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits.
You’ll also collaborate in the development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls, and work to continuously improve internal processes and practices while effectively communicating business implications, insights, and recommendations.
We’re seeking candidates with leadership capabilities, a solid operational and technical accounting background, and a proactive, goal-oriented, and flexible approach to drive results. The ideal also brings a high level of integrity can thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Lead the transition of the accounting function from a trusted outsourced partner to a best-in-class in-house function.
- Interact at all levels with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient, and accurate month-end closings and annual reports.
- Prepare monthly depreciation, journal entries, account balance reconciliations, and reports.
- Work with Director of Finance on monthly runway analysis, budgeting, and variance analysis.
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns and year-end compliance requirements.
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies and design, and implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain the hierarchy, classification, and booking of all transactions in the chart of accounts, general ledger, and financial statements.
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance, and manage corporate documents that facilitate audits and due diligence.
- Build successful business partnerships, understand key business drivers, communicate financial implications and provide recommendations.
- Participate in the ongoing development and establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies.
- Continually focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices.
- Participate in strategic financial projects including upgrades or implementation of accounting software as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field
- Strong analytical and full-cycle accounting operations skills
- Experience in designing and implementing accounting processes and controls
- Experience evaluating financial reporting, billing or IT systems and making actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to lead, establish objectives, and drive results in a team environment
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Comfort in a fluid environment that changes as the business evolves
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Proficiency in Salesforce, QuickBooks, Bill.com or similar ERP solutions are a plus
- CPA certification or MBA a plus
Commitment: This a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position with potential for conversion based in Mountain View, CA.