Location:San Francisco, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$85,000.00 - $89,000.00 per year
Schedule:40 hours per week
HireArt is helping Transdev, a leader in global transportation solutions, hire a Training Manager to review existing training programs and suggest enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of transportation management and/or safety management experience.
As Training Manager, you will:
- Review existing training programs and suggest enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention.
- Manage the training schedule to ensure the most efficient use of trainer availability.
- Ensure that training materials and programs are current, accurate, and effective.
- Identify problems and opportunities such as operational changes or industry developments that training could improve.
- Ensure that training milestones and goals are met while meeting operational needs.
- Ensure training compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Monitor driver/operator qualification files.
- Develop materials and tracking mechanisms for self-driving vehicle operations.
- Ensure vehicle operator training and inspection training is completed with every active operator.
- Ensure all active operators are trained on all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform accident investigation training.
- Provide concise, clear, and accurate verbal and written feedback regarding the vehicle’s operations.
- Develop and communicate informative presentations and strategies to gain understanding and consensus.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Bachelors degree in logistics, transportation, or related field preferred
- Meet driver requirements, including driving record and criminal history under applicable regulations and laws in California
- 5+ years of transportation management and/or safety management experience
- Proficiency with a laptop computer and GSuite apps (i.e. Gmail, Hangouts, and Driver, including Sheets and Docs)
- Proficiency with using a touchscreen smartphone (Android preferred but not required)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Intermediate knowledge of logistics software
- Working knowledge of performance management/monitoring systems
- Working knowledge of federal and state safety laws, particularly DOT and OSHA standards
- Ability to analyze and identify risk trends, problems, and solutions
- Ability to develop, coach, and mentor others
- Ability to plan and execute events, safety meetings, accident review meetings, and safety celebrations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced constantly evolving environment
Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operational tasks that may require lifting up to 75 lbs. The ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions is required.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), permanent position through HireArt and based in San Francisco, CA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
We are the largest private provider of multiple modes of transport in North America.
Cities, counties, airports, companies, and universities contract with us to operate their transportation systems. Our goal is to help our clients provide transit systems that are appealing, convenient, integrated networks that people actively choose to ride. In cities all across the country, we’re helping our clients move toward making public transit equivalent to the city’s lifeblood, circulating and connecting riders to the people and places they care about.
We are part of a global company, Transdev, operating in 17 countries on five continents.