Expected Salary$44 - $47 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire an Academic Community Manager to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll work with the Research Operations & Academics team to support and manage marketing and engagement programs.
As Academic Community Manager, you’ll manage content creation and editing for targeted research and academic audiences, maintain and update the research website and social media properties, and manage monthly business analytics to drive a marketing insights approach.
An ideal candidate has a proven ability to build proactive, innovative communications programs, as well as produce and edit content materials. You’re comfortable working with written, graphic and multimedia content while using multiple channels to engage and track audiences.
- Coordinate updates to primary internal and external academic research communication channels, such as web, blog, social media, multimedia, and traditional collateral.
- Manage internal and external communication calendars and channels to highlight team and research successes.
- Collaborate across teams to create and deliver compelling content, with a focus on building the brand.
- Oversee writing, editing and production process for deeper technical research stories.
- Produce corresponding deliverables including slides, video screen captures, and basic web graphics.
- Facilitate internal content approval process across legal and communications teams.
- Produce monthly website analytics.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality of work and meeting short, frequently changing deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical communications, marketing, public relations, media studies, business or related
- 2+ years experience in marketing, including content creation and quantitative analysis
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical application
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to collaborate internally and externally, and demonstrate interpersonal awareness
- Previous experience with research or academic publications a plus
- Basic Adobe Photoshop and design skills a plus
- Familiarity with Google Analytics a plus
Commitment: This is a 12-month contract.