You will be joining a high-energy team whose job is to introduce clients from around the world to Toptal. You will be speaking on a daily basis with executives, managers, and engineers at companies across an extremely broad range of industries. To excel at this position, you'll need exceptional discipline, attention to detail, and a motivation to continually strive for personal and professional improvement. Being able to flourish in a competitive environment and take ownership over client relationships and sales goals, including responding to consistent challenges and going above and beyond as needed, are keys to success in this role.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. We are looking for someone who can work MST business hours.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with the team in claiming and responding to all inbound client inquiries. You'll be in constant communication with your team via Skype.
- Research clients to better connect with them, understand their needs, and identify critical business opportunities.
- Remain highly knowledgeable about industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Determine client fit.
- Establish, grow, and maintain business relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Track your individual and team performance against quantitative goals, brainstorming and executing optimizations as needed.
- Resolve issues by investigating the root of the problem, planning solutions, and making recommendations to team leaders.
- Excellent customer service skills and outstanding phone manners.
- The ability to understand and develop sales strategies. Previous sales experience preferred.
- A positive, confident, and determined demeanor.
- The ability and desire to discover pain points and help clients resolve them.
- World-class time management skills.
- A technical background. Familiarity with software development is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering and design talent and for the top 3%(http://www.toptal.com/top-3-percent) of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we're primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we're also committed to creating a world-class environment (http://www.toptal.com/careers) for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world (http://www.toptal.com/careers#remote-team), and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.