Miracle Math is the only brain-based, math-focused, one-on-one tutoring center in Fairfield. Unlike other centers, our coaches are highly-trained professionals. Yes, we stress measured improvement in grades and test scores, but we achieve more. We actually train the brain to learn. Through detailed learning assessments, personalized tutoring programs and the collective involvement of our staff, we're able to build student confidence and success. As parents, it's not easy watching your kids struggle in school.
With Miracle Math, it's Problem. Solved.
We offer a comprehensive tutoring service that really helps students see results. In our current growth phase, we've decided it is time to add a dedicated Operations Manager staff member to our team.
We are looking for someone who has many years of management experience possibly in a startup/growing company, entrepreneurial or corporate setting. We are a small business but are growing fast and need someone with experience and good command of operations, policies, and procedures.
In this role you will have the freedom to create, control, and develop these high quality operations. You will be managing a team of tutors as well as several student services staff members and be a true leader within the company. This will require that you are extremely organized, proactive, flexible, and independent as a leader.
This position reports to and works closely with the both a COO and the CEO/Owner. Therefore, clear and effective communication is essential in this position. As the company grows, this position will grow with it so there is opportunity for advancement.
Manage in a new role
- Take creative and abstract ideas from CEO and turn them into executable realities alongside the COO.
- Create key performance metrics as well as generate monthly reports on these metrics which will be used by the CEO to support business goals.
- Assess areas of opportunity and proactively and independently take action.
- Write and create effective policies and procedures for the office and employ them consistently.
- Create and maintain effective office operations with high expectations of performance of entire team.
- Be adaptable to change and flexible as this is a fast growing company where changing strategies is common.
Communication is key
- Communicate effectively with CEO regarding what the priorities and expectations of the team will be.
- Communicate effectively by establishing clear priorities and expectations of the team.
- Direct, open, and honest communication both to the team and CEO you report to is critical.
- Work closely with and report directly to CEO to ensure company meets or exceeds sales and growth goals.
- Help cultivate long-term client relationships.
- Effectively communicate to CEO about which creative and abstract ideas are realistic, as well as have the adaptability and skills to find ways to make them a reality.
Uphold a work environment that is in line with company values
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of company goals and values.
- Serve as our "Director of First Impressions" by maintaining a presence at our front desk when the Student Services Staff Members are not on duty.
- Create an environment that motivates and recognizes both individuals and the entire team to promote employee retention.
- Take responsibility for creating an environment of team learning through consistent feedback.
- Take constructive criticism with a positive attitude.
- Show transparency and integrity through a high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and uphold all company policies, standards, and procedures.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner.
General office management responsibilities
- Manage 10-15 current employees as well as assist in recruiting, hiring, employee training/development, and employee discipline while maintaining a happy and productive work environment.
- Lead and inspire team to exceed company and client goals.
- Manage payroll execution within given budgets.
- Manage and maintain office supplies within given budgets.
- Support marketing outreach & educational activities
- Organize and plan center events
- Support CEO in conducting office staff meetings
- Marketing support
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in retail, services, or office setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills as you will often be the face of the company to kids and parents alike
- Proficiency in office software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Google Drive, etc.)
- Excellent leadership qualities and high expectations of operations, policies and procedures is a must
- Outgoing, detail oriented, and able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Must love kids and be a team player!
- Positive attitude and adaptability is a must!
- Flexible schedule
- Experience with recruiting, including at management level.
- Interest in and knowledge of both business and education
- Some experience with graphics, or ability to learn quickly
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to create forms/documents that support the policy, procedures, and operations you create
- Ability to be assertive yet gracious
- Ability to uphold professionalism in a small-business that is family oriented
What we can offer you:
- Full-time benefits: Health & Dental Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, etc.
- Performance based, discretionary bonuses
- With the guidance and discretion of COO you will have full control of office policies/procedures/operations
- Grow with the company! We are a fast-growing company and this position has future growth possibilities to a higher strategic position within the company. If successful, this position could become an area manager, and beyond. We are seeking someone who is dedicated to our values and our cause and wants to grow with us!
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt.