Expected Pay Rate:$60.00 - $67.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Software Engineer (AR/VR Audio) to work in its research lab.
In this role, you’ll support the audio research team in achieving their research goals by performing software development and integration in various platforms, including Unity.As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Implement software infrastructure for audio techniques in areas such as spatial audio, room acoustics, etc.
- Integrate audio technologies in commercial and proprietary engines.
- Maintain, test, debug, and add new features to an existing software codebase.
- Work alongside the research team to prototype new demos and experiences.
- 5+ years experience in C/C++ programming
- 3+ years experience in Unity and/or Unreal
- 3+ years experience using audio middleware software, such as FMOD, AudioKineticWise, XAudio, etc.
- In-depth understanding of DSP systems, signal processing algorithms, convolution, FIR/IIR filters, DSP frameworks, and DSP integration
- Prior experience in MATLAB programming is a plus
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position (with the potential for extension or conversion) staffed via HireArt and based in Redmond, WA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Redmond area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.