Expected Pay Rate:$103.00 - $113.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find a Product Design Engineer to develop structures, mechanisms, and solutions for next-generation consumer virtual reality hardware. The ideal candidate has a strong mechanical background, excellent prototyping skills, expert 3D CAD capability, and experience in designing and manufacturing consumer technology products.
As Product Design Engineer, you will:
- Design and develop new hardware products.
- Own engineering activities from exploration, definition, and creation through design for manufacture and production.
- Implement sound engineering processes and systematic approaches while solving diverse design and manufacturing challenges.
- Contribute to the creation of technical specifications including component and subassembly 2D technical drawings.
- Engineer parts and mechanisms that retain design intent and function according to specs.
- Test and evaluate design components for manufacturability and structural integrity.
- Coordinate with manufacturing experts to optimize part design and production processes, including assembly line set-up.
- Support production throughout the manufacturing process to realize designs.
- Collaborate with designers and other engineering disciplines to identify challenges and offer solutions.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of previous experience designing consumer electronics, medical, or similar products
- 2+ years’ experience with Unigraphics NX 3D and 2D CAD
- Knowledge in mechanical fundamentals; can speak to material properties, moment analysis, and strong mechanical aptitude
- Familiar with manufacturing knowledge and experience specifically with plastic injection molding
- PCB and FPC design experience including ECAD exchange process
- Manufacturing knowledge and experience specifically with plastic injection molding, stamping, and diecasting
- Background driving China-based vendors remotely and in-person
- Experience building part and assembly prototypes in the shop
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and based in Seattle, WA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.