Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$64.00 - $73.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Social AR Technical Artist to join its AR team, which supports a growing portfolio of products and features for one of the company’s flagship apps.
In this role, you’ll work closely with art directors, engineers, and other technical artists to bring concepts to life for over a billion of the app’s users, involving yourself in every aspect of the product development process—from conceptualizing new effects to designing incremental features/capabilities in the company’s products. You’ll also assist teams of art directors and external vendors in tackling projects and provide support on complicated technical issues.As a Social AR Technical Artist, you will:
- Partner with the Interactive Art Director to identify new innovative AR experiences and develop new interaction mechanisms/strategic documents.
- Collaborate with Engineers to prototype, develop, and test new features in the company’s AR development studio, providing useful feedback during testing phases to help shape product features and cycles.
- Partner with Engineers, PMs, UX Researchers, Data Scientists, Content Designers, and QA, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from conception to launch.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leads to quickly solve complicated technical problems and provide strategic insights.
- Provide technical expectations and support to external vendors, designing, managing, and maintaining the pipeline from external vendors through to deployment.
- Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing external vendors on asset creation, modelling, and texturing best-practices.
- Give and solicit real-time feedback from collaborators to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Background in creating experiences in real-time engines, such as Unity3D or Unreal (e.g. games, interactive applications, etc.)
- Experience communicating/collaborating with art and engineering groups
- Expertise with Spark AR Studio
- Working knowledge of 3D software, such as Cinema4D or Maya
- Working knowledge of content authoring software, such as Photoshop and After Effects
- Working knowledge of Shaders
- Experience in developing for VR/AR products
- Experience shipping one or more AAA game titles
- Experience in mobile development and/or browser based games, with an emphasis on multiplayer games
Commitment:This is a full-time, 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.