HireArt is looking to hire a Certified Public Accountant to work on-site at our client’s San Francisco office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll take on a variety of accounting responsibilities, ensure compliance, and provide analytical insights to stakeholders.
We’re seeking candidates experienced and certified in accounting, who bring in-depth knowledge of accounting principles, outstanding attention to detail, a proactive approach to problem-solving, and great communication and collaboration abilities.
- Fully own the U.S. prepaid accounting process from end to end.
- Partner with financial teams to review and prepare journal entries for accruals.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules for prepaid accounts and accruals.
- Manage the company-wide account reconciliations process in Oracle Fusion.
- Prepare flux analysis for Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts.
- Gather schedules for external auditors for the financial statement audit process.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and update documentation as necessary.
- Prepare slides for internal reporting, and create reports and document analysis for management review.
- Identify improvement areas and work cross-functionally to drive process changes to completion.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and requests as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- CPA license and advanced knowledge of GAAP
- 2+ years of experience in full-cycle close accounting
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Willingness to dive into the details, with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Organized but comfortable with ambiguity
- Execution-focused and takes responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Industry experience at a top-tier tech company is highly desired
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position through HireArt and based in San Francisco, CA. This position has the potential for contract extension and/or full-time conversion.