Expected Pay Rate:$37.00 - $40.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find a Research Analyst (Simulation Infrastructure) to join its audio research team, which focuses on two goals with respect to AR/VR technology: creating virtual sounds that are perceptually indistinguishable from reality and redefining human hearing.
We’re seeking a candidate to help the company advance an ambitious research project aiming to develop technologies that will augment human capabilities and enable effortless communication in acoustically challenging environments. You should have a mix of technical and project coordination skills as well as proven experience in research or technology development.As a Research Analyst, you will:
- Execute existing data workflows on an HPC cluster (i.e. task submission, task/cluster monitoring, data manipulation, error checking, and script execution).
- Participate in team efforts to improve/automate workflows, from data input to result generation.
- Communicate/coordinate with different teams involved in current workflows.
- Standardize/improve employed tools (e.g. run and check results of unit tests and test connectivity between components).
- Write unambiguous, concise, and well-structured documentation/reports.
- Learn constantly, diving into new areas with unfamiliar technologies and embracing the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, statistics, engineering, physics, or related areas
- 2+ years proven experience working with high-dimensional data of various types (e.g. 3D models, time series, or synthetic data generation) and associated workflows
- Ability to read and understand computer code (e.g., scripts, general purpose programming languages)
- Outstanding communication skills with proven experience collaborating cross-functionally between cross-cultural groups across different technologies and pipelines
- Process oriented, with strong attention to detail, and structured thinking and planning
- Proven experience working with both UNIX/Linux-based and Windows operating systems
- Proven experience working with HPC clusters and automation software
- Proven research experience involving data reporting and analysis
- Proven experience with scripting/programming, debugging, and compiling (e.g. with Python, Bash, Batch, or MATLAB)
Commitment: This is a full-time, 12-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Redmond, WA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available only to candidates local to the Redmond, WA area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or Corp to Corp hiring.