Location:Los Altos, CA
Schedule:Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping Toyota Research Institute (TRI) hire a highly motivated Jr. Data Engineer. In this role, you’ll be a part of the Annotation Operations team and contribute to data reporting and process automations.
At TRI, the Annotation Operations team is responsible for managing and auditing (QAing) data to provide accurately labeled annotations for machine learning research and development. As Jr. Data Engineer, you'll contribute to this effort by generating quality reports and improving and automating operational processes pertaining to managing and auditing labeled data.
As Jr. Data Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with Annotation QA Specialists and the Data Engineering team to create scripts to help automate the quality assurance process.
- Analyze large amounts of annotated data and generate quality reports for stakeholders.
- Design and implement improvements to the audit management process.
- Set up automated cost and quality checks and monitors/dashboards.
- Report bugs to internal and external teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Python, SQL and Git
- Intermediate to advanced data analysis (e.g., pandas)
- Experience using/interacting with REST APIs and databases (e.g., Postgres)
- Experience with data annotation and data analysis with regards to driving or other relevant experience is preferred but not required
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA. Work for this role will begin remotely but transition to on-site once offices reopen this year.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to the market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries Ph.D. degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us.