Expected Pay Rate:$76.00 - $87.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Mechanical Design Prototype Engineer (AR) to join its AR Product Hardware team and work with a world-class group of engineers to design, build, and validate next-generation hardware solutions.
In this role, you’ll work closely with researchers, architects, and designers in architecting the team’s method of mechanical building and validation for multiple state of the art systems. You’ll also use your skills to build new designs, define verification requirements, create test cases, design and implement testing infrastructure, execute testing, and report results for the new product designs.As a Mechanical Design Prototype Engineer (AR), you will:
- Design novel hardware solutions.
- Design custom fixtures.
- Keep track of coverage metrics and bugs encountered/fixed.
- Own execution, interpretation, and reporting of mechanical system-level verification work status and results.
- Support system bring-up and debug activities.
- Clearly communicate test plans and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Mechanical System Verification experience for consumer electronics
- Experience with definition and implementation of test automation
- Experience with thermal, vibration, and stress analysis and verification
- Experience with the use of off-the-shelf mechanical test equipment
- Experience with test data collection and analysis
- Experience with part tolerance analysis
- Self-motivated and team player
- Master’s in Mechanical Engineering is a plus
Commitment:This is a full-time, 12-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Sunnyvale, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.