Location:San Francisco, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$64.00 - $73.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Sound Designer to work with an emerging technologies prototyping team focused on creating next generation audio concepts driven by machine learning and AI.
In this role, you’ll combine functional sound design thinking and execution with a proven ability to break new ground creatively and conceptually. You’ll also be involved in all aspects of the design and development cycle (e.g. concept, iteration, creation, prototyping, and implementation of assets).
All candidates must have a history of creating iconic audio experiences, across a variety of media platforms, a core understanding of sound design (i.e. how it impacts people and their experiences), and a passion for pushing the boundaries of sonic experiences. You must also be able to work autonomously, as well as collaborate closely with team members and product groups, while leading complex projects across multiple platforms/mediums through to completion. Strong communication skills are essential to this creative role.As a Sound Designer, you will:
- Create unique, memorable, and landmark audio content for 0-1 AI audio prototypes and concepts, from earcons to music content, for demonstration in prototypes.
- Use your proven understanding of sound design to define and distill broad concepts into actionable tasks and points of interest.
- Curate, edit, and prepare audio/music assets for model training, working with ML audio researchers and engineers.
- Lead/contribute to AI audio prototyping, from concept to implementation.
- Act as a source of truth for all things sound (e.g. design, design standards, best practices, and implementation guidelines).
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Collaborate independently with partner research, design, and engineering teams.
- 4+ years creating sonic experiences for products in mobile, web, VR, audio applications, or hardware
- A sound design portfolio demonstrating work in shipped products
- Experience with digital and analog synthesis methods
- Experience with Max/MSP, CSound, PureData or similar
- Expert level Pro Tools, Ableton Live, and Reaper skills
- Deep understanding of audio and its effects on people
- Experience with voice production and dialog editorial
- Music content production or composition experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: generative sound or music, speech synthesis, NLP, music information retrieval, or digital signal processing
- Proficiency with design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
Commitment:This is a full-time, 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in the San Francisco Bay Area. It will be fully remote and is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.