Location:Menlo Park, CA and San Francisco, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$129.00 - $148.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:2 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire an Art Director (Social Media), who is passionate about telling stories and bringing them to life with art direction/design, making the technical feel human and authentic.
In this role, you'll art direct, design, and concept big, conceptual brand expressions across all mediums (e.g. mobile, product, film, interactive, OOH, print, events, experiential, etc.).
All candidates must be comfortable working across all mediums and should have a strong background in social media. You're a conceptual thinker and storyteller with a strong strategic backbone who can visualize your ideas in new and inspiring ways. You also have a strong point of view on concept, design, product design, and art direction. When you decide to make something, you see your vision from concept to launch without any hand-holding.As an Art Director, you will:
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment with writers, engineers, strategists, and product managers.
- Create original, breakthrough work.
- Communicate complicated technology topics in clear, concise ways to a non-technical audience.
- Present ideas in a clear and focused way that builds consensus within the team.
- Work autonomously, with little hand-holding.
- Translate complex strategic approaches into easily accessible creative concepts.
- 5+ years at agency/in-house concepting and art directing ideas for brands/products.
- Demonstrated experience working on mobile-first social campaigns.
- Can design, art direct, and articulate conceptual design decisions.
- Ability to bring ideas to life with high quality comps and prototypes use creative software and other tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Keynote, etc.).
- A strong understanding of how art direction, design, and conceptual ideas can be used to tell a story on behalf of a brand and within a product.
- Experience working on international campaigns.
- History of self-initiated projects.
- A passion and interest in product design and project strategy.
- Detailed-focused and strong design skills.
Commitment:This is a full-time, 2-month contract position (with the potential for extension) staffed via HireArt. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to New York, NY; Menlo Park, CA; San Francisco, CA; or Los Angeles, CA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.