Expected Salary$28 per hour
HireArt is seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented, and discerning individuals to work as a Trust & Safety Coordinator at Vimeo’s New York City office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll help enforce Vimeo’s policies and remove content that could harm users, the Vimeo brand, and third parties.
We’re seeking candidates who understand that communities like Vimeo need rules to prevent them from becoming places where things like copyright infringement, pornography, and spam abound. You’ll make judgment calls about whether all sorts of content break Vimeo’s rules and be able to explain your decisions to users and third parties in plain English. You aren’t afraid of making tough calls, and you have a genuine passion for policy issues like fair use, privacy, and online safety in the digital content arena.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-week contract position with potential for extension. Candidates with immediate availability preferred!
- Work as part of the Trust and Safety team to enforce Vimeo’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, including its Copyright Policy.
- Assess videos and accounts that have been flagged by the Vimeo community for various content violations.
- Follow up with Vimeo users via email to explain moderation policies and decisions.
- Work with engineering and other technical teams to implement automated protection measures.
- Familiarity with policy and technical issues surrounding user-generated content
- Familiarity with Vimeo’s unique position in the world of online video
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking capabilities, and good judgment
- Impressive written communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and sensitive or graphic content
- Experience in content moderation or trust and safety a plus
- Experience working with technical spam prevention measures a plus
- An active Vimeo creator or viewer a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-week contract position based in New York, NY. This contract has the potential to extend.
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.