Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:7 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find a Motion Designer to contribute to the overall design process through concept, design development, and delivery of compelling visuals that will resonate with an external global audience. The ideal candidate is an expert in their craft and is highly skilled at working with a team of visual artists to deliver great work.
This role is part of an Austin, TX-based team, but candidates located in Seattle, Los Angeles, and the Bay Area will also be considered.
As Motion Designer, you will:
- Execute on adding thoughtful motion and illustration to products.
- Produce strong conceptual motion graphics that are engaging and unique.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with a design team including 3D generalists, product designers, coders, and product managers.
- Experiment with different creative techniques, tools to mock-up, and prototype ideas quickly.
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully.
- Synthesize broad, ambiguous business goals and work with the product design team to create environments for VR.
- Take creative direction and translate it into design concepts.
- Give and solicit realtime feedback from other designers to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product.
- Partner with project managers, engineers, researchers, and content strategy, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from product conception to launch, as well as post-launch design support.
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working with Houdini/Maya/Modo/Max
- Ability to build and optimize assets between PC (Rift) and mobile systems (Gear VR) while maintaining visual fidelity
- 3D art skills for creating environment concept art
- A link to an online portfolio (include link on your resume) that exhibits conceptual ability with a contextually thoughtful aesthetic
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 7-month contract position through HireArt and based in Austin, TX.