Location:New York, NY
Expected Pay Rate:$18.00 per hour, minimum
Schedule:Tuesday-Saturday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is seeking a highly motivated Accounts Receivable Specialist to work on-site at MakeSpace’s New York City office on a contract-to-hire basis. We’re looking for someone with a passion for managing receivables in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
As Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will research, resolve, and communicate accounts receivable issues related to customer accounts. This includes, but is not limited to contacting customers to discuss past due accounts, process payments utilizing various operating systems, process invoices, research payment disputes and handle collections.
This is a 3-month contract position with opportunities for growth and the potential to convert to a permanent position. You’ll earn commissions and incentives in addition to the base hourly rate.
As Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will:
- Contribute to all aspects of the Accounts Receivable process.
- Receive, reconcile, and prepare past due accounts.
- Respond to customer requests for account information and communicate copies of invoices.
- Resolve discrepancies and maintain A/R customer files.
- Document and retain the results of customer interactions.
- Summarize observations from calls with customers and suggest process and product improvements to prevent delinquencies.
- 1+ years of professional experience, ideally in customer support/sales
- Experience working with clients/customers over the phone
- Ability to work independently and succeeding against set goals
- A hard-working problem solver with strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to remain compassionate yet resilient in escalated customer communication
- College coursework/degree is a plus
- Previous experience in accounts receivable is a plus
What you'll get:
- Competitive base hourly rate + monthly incentives bonus
- The opportunity to become a permanent employee after 3 months
- Being involved in a new initiative with new processes to define
- A fun office in downtown Manhattan, always stocked with coffee, snacks, and drinks, catered Wednesday lunch, happy hours, themed parties and more
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun while doing it. If this sounds like you, then let us know—and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 3-month contract position with potential for growth and conversion to a permanent role. A typical schedule is Tuesday - Saturday.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
MakeSpace is Your Closet in the Cloud — a convenient, simple, and on-demand storage solution that takes the "self" out of "self-storage." With MakeSpace, you never have to visit a self-storage facility again and we're cheaper than your local storage provider. After you schedule an appointment at makespace.com or through the MakeSpace app, a friendly mover will come to your door, pick up your stuff (from furniture to boxes), and bringing it back to storage. We then create a visual catalog of it so you always know what you have in MakeSpace. When you need something delivered back, it’s only a click away and delivered right back to your door. We also store large items such as bikes, AC units, and luggage for residents in NYC, Chicago, and Washington, DC. As long as one of our Uploaders can carry it out of your home, we’ll happily store it. Get started today at makespace.com!