Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$45.00 - $48.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:5 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Data Scientist to produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets.
In this role, you’ll focus on the integrity related data analysis of the company’s digital marketplace.As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and data presentation to see beyond the numbers.
- Monitor events through dashboards, detect anomalies, and conduct deep-dive analysis on specific issues to understand root cause.
- Review samples to understand the MOs used by bad actors and translate findings into data-driven rules/strategies to prevent bad activity on the company’s digital marketplace.
- Communicate issues, remediations, and next steps in time-sensitive situations to broad cross-functional teams.
- Partner closely with ops investigations and enforcement teams to collaborate on insights and recommendations to ensure they are actionable.
- Own investigation requests from the product team.
- Become a subject matter expert in workflows spanning a variety of integrity disciplines.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, Economics, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years post-college experience doing analysis using quantitative methods and deep dive case reviews to draw conclusions
- 2+ years experience working in an adversarial space (e.g. financial fraud, risk mitigation, spam, or product abuse)
- Experience manipulating large data sets in SQL or equivalent, and drawing actionable insights from data
- Basic understanding of statistical methods
- Experience constructing interpersonal relationships across teams, communicating technical content and analytical insights to multiple audiences
- Critical thinking and problem solving experience
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 5-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.