Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping TRI find an experienced Technical Program Manager to optimize non-automotive entities, find opportunities to migrate data tools, and ensure minimal disruption during a service transition.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of technical program manager experience within IT, infrastructure, data sources, or data centers. You should also have experience dealing with a team of 60-300 and have experience within a mid-sized company.
As Technical Program Manager, you will:
- Manage multiple multi-functional projects to deliver capabilities and/or infrastructure specifically in meshing technology processes and scaling up as different engineering organizations come together.
- Interact with TRI technical teams to understand and document capabilities
- Perform technology scouting to identify an area that may benefit from TRI technology, methods, results, or tools
- Drive and facilitate the technology transfer process, following through on connections between TRI and new engineering partners
- Organize and drive engineering teams to define software architecture, software design, develop, test, and deploy
- Set, track, and report status against scope, schedule, test plan, and achievements with members of the project team and broader organization/stakeholders.
- Identify, manage, track and communicate risks, opportunities, issues, and changes to maintain project objectives and success.
- Facilitate inter-team collaboration, performance, and productivity through transparent and communication of requirements, dependencies, and skills needed for success.
- Produce and deliver executive-level presentations to successfully drive projects through review gates.
- Coordinate with other project managers, program managers, product managers, systems engineers, software engineers, hardware engineers, researchers, suppliers, members of other Toyota divisions, and TRI’s executive team to ensure clear communication and efficient workflow.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or equivalent work experience
- PMP certification
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in project managing software development
- 5+ years of relevant program management experience
- Experience managing projects with Automotive, Automated Driving, ADAS, high-paced software development, or similar
- Experienced in Scrum-based Agile development including, but not limited to, managing user stories, backlogs, planning sprints, retrospectives (and possibly fulfilling the role of a ScrumMaster and/or Product Owner)
- Experience with G-Suite, Jira, Confluence, Slack, and video-conferencing tools
- Experience with Portfolio for Jira and Jira Query Language (JQL)
- Ability to dive into technical details to coordinate plans and progress with individual contributors, technical leaders, and partners
- Organized with excellent written & verbal communication skills, good attention to detail, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional presentation development and delivery skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Comfortable engaging, presenting to, and influencing Director and VP level leaders
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), on-going contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA. This role can be performed remotely and is open to U.S.-based candidates willing to work during PST business hours. Candidates local to Los Altos, CA are preferred.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or hire corp-to-corp.
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us. https://www.tri.global/