Expected Pay Rate:$22.00 per hour
Schedule:Up to 40 hours per week, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM or 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM (weekend and holiday availability desired)
Via is a global, rapidly growing company that is transforming the way people travel. HireArt is seeking Dispatcher Leads to work on an ongoing contract basis in support of Via's newest initiative: a shuttle service that connects LaGuardia Airport in Queens, New York to various locations throughout New York City.
Dispatcher Leads will provide the ground support necessary to ensure the program's success. You'll manage Via's Dispatcher Station from set-up and take-down to booking rides for customers, supporting junior dispatchers, and troubleshooting issues along the way.
We're seeking Dispatcher Leads with strong communication, collaboration, customer service, leadership and organizational abilities. Ideally you have a passion for Via and for creating an exceptional transportation experience for users!
As Dispatcher Lead, you will:
- Physically set up and take down the Via dispatcher station, packing and unpacking supplies from a nearby storage area.
- Communicate effectively with customers and book rides for the Via service.
- Help support and manage a team of field marketers/junior dispatchers.
- Take ownership of the process by troubleshooting issues, fielding questions from junior dispatchers, and maintaining effective communication with HQ.
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- At least 1 year of leadership/management experience
- Excellent communication skills to engage in conversation with passersby
- Strong intuition for customer service
- Ownership and responsibility to execute and ensure the operation is working well
- Comfortable leading and collaborating with your team
- Able to use and troubleshoot technology (e.g., PayPal and Square readers, the Via Business platform)
- Availability to work weekends and holidays as needed
- A passion for revolutionizing the transportation industry
- An understand of Via's products and services is ideal
Commitment: This is an ongoing contract position (up to 40 hours per week) staffed via HireArt and based in Queens, New York. A typical schedule is five days a week, from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM or 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM (weekend and holiday availability desired).
Via is transforming the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!