Location:Elk Grove, IL
Expected Pay Rate:$40,000.00 - $48,000.00 per year
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping an innovative circuit board manufacturer hire a highly motivated Accounts Receivable and Payroll Specialist. In this role, you'll perform accounting, invoicing, payments, and reconciliation, as well as creating relevant financial reports.
You'll also ensure clients, customers, and employees have a seamless experience. You'll monitor customer accounts while keeping track of transactions in Quickbooks, and support employees with payroll and benefits while maintaining all necessary records.
The ideal candidate has at least one year of accounting experience, is highly organized and attentive to detail, and is an excellent communicator.
As Accounts Receivable and Payroll Specialist, you will:
- Prepare invoices and send them out to customers.
- Post customer payments in QuickBooks by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Process credit memos after CFO’s authorization.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders to clients and resolving collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, or credit lines.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities, and drafting correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections.
- Check credit lines for the new customers.
- Update management on the status of key receivables.
- Calculate sales commission for sales managers and outside reps.
- Generate reports and statements for internal use.
- Fill and maintain AR records.
Payroll and Benefits
- Fill out applicable paperwork and get new employees set up on payroll and benefits.
- Record and maintain vacation and sick time records for employees.
- Provide payroll information by collecting time and attendance records and facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors.
- Participate in benefits tasks such as claim resolutions and reconciling benefits statements such as health and other insurance bills.
- Report employee injury to worker's compensation.
- Analyze and maintain records of company credit card bills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (finance, accounting, economics, etc.) preferred
- 1+ years of professional experience in accounting
- Highly proficient in Quickbooks software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively, and adapt to changing needs
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.