Location:Los Altos, CA
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, with potential for occasional overtime
Assignment Length:1 year contract
Job DescriptionHireArt is helping TRI hire an experienced Technical Program Manager (TPM) who is passionate about development and deploying technology that will improve the safety, accessibility, convenience, and efficiency of mobility solutions affecting millions of customers.
The Technical Project Manager will work alongside technical leaders across over a dozen specialized engineering sub-teams. You'll support synthesizing software and hardware integration project schedules, identifying and mitigating risks, and clearly communicating goals and status to project partners.
The project spans numerous Toyota offices and time zones and some domestic travel is required (<20%).
As Technical Project Manager, you will:
- Handle multiple projects within a multi-functional program to deliver capabilities and infrastructure to support automated driving objectives.
- Organize, nurture, and drive engineering teams to define software architecture, software design, develop, test and deploy in-car passenger user experience and automated driving capability.
- Set, track and report status against scope, schedule, test plans and achievement objectives with members of the project team, stakeholders, and the broader organization.
- Identify, manage, track and communicate risks, opportunities, issues and changes to maintain project objectives and success.
- Facilitate inter-team collaboration, performance, and productivity through transparent communication of requirements, dependencies, and skills.
- Support teams with the creation and analysis of metrics monitoring automated driving performance to help inform prioritization of efforts.
- Produce and deliver executive-level presentations to successfully drive projects through review gates.
- Lead delivery and consensus on technical decisions across teams (Engineering, Cloud, Simulation, Continuous Integration, DevOps, etc.), ensuring proper software engineering practices to deliver high quality, safety-critical releases.
- Support a Scrum-based, Agile development approach for projects and sub-teams, including managing user-stories and backlogs, and coordinating sprint ceremonies (planning, demos, and retrospectives).
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of aligned industry experience in managing multiple software development projects, programs, and teams concurrently.
- 2+ years of experience as Technical Project Manager, engineer, or engineering manager in Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS), automated driving systems, perception, high-definition mapping, machine learning, robotics systems, or related industries
- Experience in Scrum-based Agile development including, but not limited to, managing user-stories, backlogs, sprint planning, retrospectives, and fulfilling the role of a ScrumMaster or Product Owner
- Ability to go beyond project coordination to manage large, complex project(s)
- Ability to dive into technical details to coordinate planning and progress with individual contributors, technical leaders, and partners
- Comfortable engaging, presenting to and influencing company leaders
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience influencing without authority, i.e., working with multi-functional teams to get things done via individuals reporting elsewhere
- Able to thrive in ambiguity, set goals, and effectively deliver in a fast-changing environment
- Experience with Google Suite, Jira, Confluence, Slack, and video-conferencing tools
- Proficiency in Python, C++, and Linux
- Proficiency in data collection, modeling, and evaluation
Commitment: This is a full-time (40+ hours per week), 1-year contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA. Some domestic travel is required (< 20%).
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us. https://www.tri.global/