HireArt is looking to hire a Strategic Manager, Design Operations to work on-site at our client’s San Francisco office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll partner directly with the VP of Design to lead the planning, execution and budgeting of strategic initiatives end-to-end.
Working closely with Product Management, Design, Engineering, and business leaders, you’ll help drive design priorities through seamless day-to-day operations and strong stakeholder alignment, with an eye towards scale and efficiency.
We’re seeking candidates that understand how to drive results in a hyper-dynamic product design org. With a strong appreciation for the practice and process of design, you understand the multiple disciplines that go into a successful product.
You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover new ways of doing things, and work collaboratively with stakeholders. You also bring creativity to the operational aspects of a design team and deal with solving the “how,” while freeing up design lead peers to focus on crafting the “what.”
- Partner with the VP of Design to program manage the development of the company’s highest-level strategic initiatives: define actionable plans, resourcing, and sequencing for large bodies of work.
- Drive a successful implementation by aligning and influencing relevant stakeholders across teams and markets and driving scope, resourcing, and workflow management.
- Provide up-to-date visibility into current projects, resource utilization, team performance and product health across your teams.
- Identify and predict obstacles, collisions, and risk to projects across multiple teams and seek solutions to eliminate them.
- Develop strong working relationships with business teams to understand goals and priorities across the company.
- Manage team operating rhythm, including communication structures, project templates, and leadership cadence.
- Drive integration of the various disciplines within the design org (research, content strategy, localization, production design).
- Define and manage how the design team interfaces with other functions such as product management, engineering and marketing.
- Uphold standards and best practices, ensuring the design process and tools are applied.
- Cultivate, negotiate and manage relationships with external contractors and agencies, including contract execution and financial reporting.
- 7+ years experience in Consulting, Program Management, Product Management, Project Management or related
- Experience in structuring and implementing initiatives at scale with design and product teams
- Demonstrated track record successfully managing ambitious and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams
- Able to balance long-term strategic thinking with near-term execution
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence business leaders
- Demonstrable skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Passionate and enthusiastic about organizational excellence and attention to detail
- Thrives in ambiguity in a fast-paced, hyper-growth organization
- Deep knowledge of and appreciation for the Product Design process preferred
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 3-month contract position based in San Francisco, CA.