Expected Salary$25.00 - $29.00 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire an Accounting Specialist to work on-site at our client’s San Francisco office on a contract basis. Our client is transforming the way knowledge is stored and shared through creating a globally accessible digital library for rare, historical, and popular media. As Accounting Specialist, you’ll support the accounts payable and receivable functions for the organization’s U.S. operations.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 4-month contract position with potential for extension. The ideal candidate has a background in finance and accounting and brings exceptional attentiveness to detail and strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Compile amounts owed by the company to vendors, suppliers, or other organizations or individuals.
- Gather purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets, and receipts and prepare payments.
- Maintain all payment or other transaction records.
- Solicit payment on overdue accounts, and keep records of all delinquent accounts.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable files.
- Answer Vendor and Customer inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Distribute incoming invoices to proper approving authorities, and ensure invoices and statements are issued properly.
- Assist in ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with completed courses in finance, accounting, economics, or similar
- Familiar with standard accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Comfortable with AR/AP processes
- Knowledge of Trial Balance and Financial Statements
- Ability to read and interpret common technical terms, financial reports, and legal documents
- Skills in data analysis and problem-solving
- Customer-oriented, with the ability to respond to common inquiries from customers and vendors
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including MS Excel
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Previous experience with non-profit organizations is a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 4-month contract position through HireArt and based in San Francisco, CA.