Expected Pay Rate:$20.00 per hour
Schedule:20 hours per week. Shifts available from 3 PM - 11 PM, 7 days a week
HireArt is helping an innovative fast-growing foodtech startup find a Chef on the Road. You will play a key role in preparing, packaging, and delivering exceptionally high-quality meals to customers in assigned delivery zones in Union County, NJ, so a basic driver's license is required.
In this role you'll help prepare recipes from the best restaurants and chefs across the country to bring incredible, high-quality meals directly to customers’ homes. The central kitchen staff will prep and package meal ingredients for the vehicle, so you don't need to be a trained cook. But you will have the final touch on meal preparation and presentation, so you should have an eye for detail and plating and a passion for food. You will also be interacting with customers outside their homes and delivering amazing cuisine to their door with superior service, so excellence in hospitality is key.
This is your chance to be a part of something new and exciting, helping to build the business, and in return, you will develop highly sought-after skills and experience.
As Chef on the Road, you will:
- Prepare, package, and deliver restaurant-quality meals to customers to fulfill orders
- Ensure orders are accurate and on-time and that customers are satisfied through high-level hospitality
- Educate customers about the company, app, menu, and order
- Monitor and control onboard food inventory
- Cross-check the organization of tools and resources
- Perform non-technical vehicle operation checks before and after each shift
- Interact with team members for logistical and other support during your shift, as needed
- Prior experience in the food industry (e.g. barista, food service worker, server, expeditor, cook etc.) and a keen eye for plating detail
- Prior experience in hospitality or customer service, (you will be the the face of the company)
- A high level of autonomy. You'll be provided with logistical support while on the road, but you will be alone in the vehicle
- Comfortable operating a Non-CDL vehicle at low speeds, (don't worry, you'll be trained!)
- Process-oriented and comfortable providing feedback for improvements
- Great attention to detail, ensuring all orders meet high quality standards and the vehicle is organized and clean at all times.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record for the last 3 years
- Able to commute to Cranford, NJ
Commitment: This is a part-time, ongoing contract position through HireArt and based on-site in Cranford, NJ.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.