HireArt is looking to hire a Photo Editor Lead to work on-site at our client’s San Francisco office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll lead a team of photo editors in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
The Photo Editor team plays an essential role in the business success and brand identity of new products aimed at transforming the home-sharing marketplace. As Photo Editor Lead, you'll align and manage your team, conduct quality control, and develop and advocate for streamlined processes and requisite tools.
We’re seeking candidates with technical photography abilities (editing, post-production), as well as strong people and project management skills. You're creative, resourceful, and adaptable to changing styles, responsibilities, and processes.
- Conduct quality control for both photography and post-production processes.
- Develop communications and guidelines to successfully onboard freelance photographers, partners, or retouching agencies.
- Advocate for tools, processes, and style changes needed for the program.
- Lead internal team of 6-10 editors who focus on photo reviews and QA.
- Lead weekly meetings and 1:1 alignment sessions, and calibrate weekly with leadership teams, to ensure goals are met and done efficiently.
- Work cross-functionally with Ops and Design teams to ensure alignment on quality.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, product, and operations teams
- Strong people-management and leadership skills
- Outstanding relationship management and communication skills
- Creative and resourceful problem-solver
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of Aperture and/or Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- SQL, Excel, and Google Sheets experience strongly preferred
Commitment: This is a 4-month contract.