Expected Pay Rate:$71.00 - $82.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Firmware Software Engineer to apply the principles of computer science/mathematical analysis to the design, development, and testing of firmware enabling embedded systems to meet customer requirements.
In this role, you’ll research, design, develop and test embedded software while working with other firmware engineers and engineers from other disciplines.As a Firmware Software Engineer, you will:
- Architect, design, implement, and test software enabling customers to meet their goals.
- Gather requirements from customers and break them into tasks for execution.
- Create unit-tests to ensure your software is always meeting quality needs.
- Work with Electrical, Firmware, and Software engineers to define solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field
- Strong knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with peripherals (e.g. USB, SPI, MIPI CSI/DSI, I2C, UART, GPIO, etc.)
- Experience producing production quality, fail-safe firmware for low-power real-time system control
- Experience with wireless and wired communication protocols, including USB, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Bluetooth, and 802.11
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers (e.g. ARM Cortex M0/M3/M4 architecture, boot mechanisms, and interrupt priorities) and configuring peripherals
- Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle (e.g. business/systems analysis, requirements gathering, functional specification authoring, development, testing, and delivery)
- Verbal/written communication, problem solving, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work independently and manage your time
- Mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve them
Commitment:This is a full-time, 12-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Redmond, WA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Redmond area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.