Expected Salary$22 per hour
HireArt is seeking Mental Health Coaches to join our client Basis's team of specialists on an ongoing, contract basis. This is a fully remote position and can be based anywhere in the U.S. Weekly commitment can range from 5 - 20 hours.
As a Mental Health Coach, you're the heart of the Basis service. You will lead one-on-one conversations with clients remotely via video or phone, applying specific conversational techniques to guide clients through difficult situations.
You'll complete Basis training prior to managing a schedule of sessions, where you'll help clients work through different issues, including relationships, work, family, and stress.
You'll provide an empathetic ear and fresh perspective, collaborating with clients on next steps they can take to gain greater control of their situation.
Previous training and experience in a similar setting, such as a peer or crisis counselor, psychology in a higher education setting, or experience as a health coach, relationship coach, life coach or wellness coach is ideal but not required.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Comfortable communicating over video and phone calls
- Ability to use a computer, web browser and webcam with ease
- Empathetic, and able to effectively interact with clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, lifestyles, and sexual orientations
- Punctuality (i.e., arrive on time to all trainings and sessions)
- Ability to maintain privacy of client information at all times
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations, and adapt and think on your feet
- Non-judgmental attitude and cultural sensitivity
- Relevant formal training or professional experience (desirable but not required)
Commitment: This is a part-time, remote position that can be based anywhere in the U.S. This is an ongoing independent contractor role with 5-20 hours per week.
We’re a team with a shared goal of reimagining how everyday people take care of their well-being. We believe that being proactive about one’s mental health is relevant for everyone, and we’re building Basis with that belief in mind. With backgrounds in psychology, engineering and business, our team strives to reduce the barriers to achieving mental wellness. https://www.mybasis.com/