HireArt is looking to hire an Autonomous Vehicle Test Engineer on a contract basis to work on-site at our client's Phoenix, AZ office. You'll be joining their founding team to test and build the next generation of autonomous vehicle operating systems. This is a unique opportunity to join an early stage start-up that's poised for rapid growth.
You’ll learn the business from the ground up - from designing and running vehicle tests to troubleshooting vehicle hardware and software to driving and real time data gathering. Training and guidance will come from the founding team of machine learning veterans.
In this job, you’ll be operating self-driving cars, working with the research team to get them working properly, and reporting your findings. You may have to get your hands dirty installing software in the cars or tweaking hardware. You’ll report to the head of Machine Learning and be supported by company leadership.
- Support autonomous vehicle development and testing.
- Coordinate people and resources necessary for testing.
- Ensure safety of autonomous vehicles during testing on public roads.
- Document test results and ensure an appropriate level of information is communicated to system engineers.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of test plans, ensuring safety is the top priority.
- Assist in the development and administration of a training program for vehicle operators.
- Create and/or maintain all Test Plan documentation to report and communicate status back to the engineering team.
- Maintain and update vehicle and related systems.
- Receive continuous training from the machine learning team.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux systems and ability to perform common Linux Systems Administration tasks (dev-ops)
- Familiarity with Python programming
- Experience with Apache and SQL
- Experience developing test methods and best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Ability to use a screwdriver
- Engineering experience (in a lab or professional setting) is a plus