Expected Salary$40 - $45 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire an Autonomous Vehicle Test Engineer on a contract basis to work on-site at Imagry's Phoenix, AZ office. You'll be joining the founding team to test and build the next generation of autonomous vehicle operating systems. This is a unique opportunity to join an early stage start-up that's poised for rapid growth.
- Support autonomous vehicle development and testing.
- Coordinate people and resources necessary for testing.
- Ensure safety of autonomous vehicles during testing on public roads.
- Document test results and ensure an appropriate level of information is communicated to system engineers. Including daily review and analysis of vehicle logs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of test plans, ensuring safety is the top priority.
- Assist in the development and administration of a training program for vehicle operators.
- Create and/or maintain all Test Plan documentation to report and communicate status back to the engineering team.
- Ability to maintain and update vehicle and related systems
BSEE, or BS in a scientific discipline with two years (2) of engineering experience
Candidate will have hands-on knowledge of Linux systems with 1 - 3 years performing common Linux Systems Administration tasks. CentOS/Ubuntu preferred, with an understanding of networking and related protocols.
Ability to program in python.
Hands-on troubleshooting skills in complex distributed systems.
Knowledge of NAS storage environments using NFS, SMB protocols.
Experience with Apache, DB MySQL or Postgres, SNMP, dtrace/strace and network analysis tools
Experience developing test methods and best practices
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Exceptional organizational and planning skills
Imagry is an artificial intelligence/machine learning startup that has developed a visual recognition engine that can be embedded in any device. The company’s first application is to embed the technology in vehicles to support autonomous driving. They’ll begin testing their first vehicles with embedded technology in Phoenix in the 4th quarter of 2017 and they’re excited to build a dedicated team to operate and test cars.