Expected Pay Rate:$82.00 - $92.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find a System Software Engineer to test and ultimately implement new virtual page translation methods for use in AR/VR graphical systems. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ C/C++ experience and solid working knowledge of virtual address translation.
As System Software Engineer, you will:
- Write code that emulates proposed algorithms, both for offline and real-time results.
- Build a memory access simulator to measure performance of a novel virtual addressing system.
- Write a page management system that allocates virtual addresses for various kinds of memory resources.
- Ultimately write kernel code to integrate the new paging system into an embedded processor OS.
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, and prioritize to maintain efficiency.
- Learn constantly, dive into unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving.
- Work closely with our perceptual research team as well as other domain experts to evaluate results.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years C/C++ experience, including C++11 (and up) features and principles
- 5+ years of experience creating software for games or other high performance/complexity environments
- Solid working knowledge of how virtual address translation works in existing hardware
- Solid working knowledge of how page management systems work in existing operating systems
- Experience with one or more low-level graphics frameworks (e.g.DirectX or OpenGL)
- Knowledge of hypervisors or other dual address translation systems
- GPU memory management including data compression and address swizzling
- Knowledge of GPU architecture, GPGPU, caches, code generation, and profiling
- Experience working with silicon teams
- GPGPU experience such as CUDA, OpenCL, or DirectCompute development
- Embedded and low-power environments (mobile SoCs, DSPs, etc.)
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and based in Redmond, WA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.