Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$68.00 - $78.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find a Camera Optics Design Engineer to define camera optics requirements and execute and analyze performance. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in optics, specifically related to camera lens design, camera production, and complex lens system industry experience.
As Camera Optics Engineer, you will:
- Define camera optics requirements.
- Execute design and implement into production.
- Build up analysis of camera optics performance at various angles.
- Work cross-functionally with camera module, PD, EE, and technical operations teams.
- Build relationships with industry partners to achieve state-of-the-art camera optics.
- Bachelor’s degree in optical engineering, electrical engineering, physics or a related technical discipline. Masters degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with bachelor’s degree; 3+ years’ experience with advanced degree
- Camera lens design experience using Zemax or Code V
- Camera production experience
- Experience in both sequential and non-sequential optical design software (e. g. Zemax, Code V, LightTools, FRED, ASAP, Eikonal, Trace Pro, OSLO, etc.)
- Experience in complex optical system design (i.e. imaging optics)
- Experience with optical tolerance budget against conventional Monte Carlo simulation
- Experience with optically graded plastic and glass material; optical metrology; and stray light and analysis
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. Candidates must be local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.