Expected Pay Rate:$71.00 - $80.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Software Engineer (3D Sensing) to join its 3D Sensing Characterization & Calibration team, which applies a range of hardware/software and computer vision techniques to characterize novel sensing systems, enabling new experiences.
In this role, you’ll code for data collection and perform data analysis to characterize depth sensors, cameras, and laser projectors.As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Write code to control a sophisticated array of automated data collection tools (e.g. robotic arms, mechanical rails, rotation stages, lighting controls, cameras, and optical instruments).
- Create data analysis software converting collected data into meaningful and insightful metrics.
- Write software tests to maintain the quality of data collection and analysis.
- Learn constantly, educate others, and dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years recent programming experience with Python and C++
- Experience programming in a team setting using modern source control processes
- Experience programming for motion control systems
- Strong OOP design mindset and the ability to write clean, maintainable, and extensible code
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated experience working across disciplines
- Image processing or computer vision
- Programming image and video capture systems
- Factory automation
- Data analysis or scientific computing
- Camera calibration
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Redmond, WA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.