Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$75.00 - $85.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:25 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find a Safety Engineer to ensure equipment safety standards in the company's facilities. The ideal candidate will be a strong cross-functional worker with a background in the health and safety industry, as well as experience reviewing, testing, and commissioning laboratory and analytical equipment.
As a Safety Engineer, you will:
- Complete risk assessments, regulatory compliance reviews, and validation testing on new and existing equipment to drive risk mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate equipment reviews across several locations with hazards including chemical exposure, machine guarding, robotics, and others.
- Review equipment specifications during purchasing process to ensure incoming equipment meets safety requirements.
- Implement control measures to mitigate or eliminate risk identified during equipment review process and track corrective actions to timely closure.
- Partner with vendors during equipment commissioning to review training and support development of standard operating procedures.
- Audit and inspect facilities for compliance with applicable regulations and contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
- Support planning for equipment placement during new building and lab design.
- Assist in program and design standard development and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, industrial safety/hygiene, occupational health and safety, or related field
- 7+ years of experience working within the health and safety industry
- Strong technical capabilities, including an understanding of environmental permits, chemical hazards, electrical knowledge, working with facilities/planning groups to coordinate permit submissions, working with third party vendors, etc.
- Experience reviewing, testing, and commissioning laboratory and analytical equipment
- Previous experience working with lab design review processes (building codes, building needs, ventilation, drains, etc.)
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, RIA, NFPA, and IBC standards
- Strong understanding of electrical safety, machine guarding, machine safety controls, robotics, and development of safe operating procedures
- Ability to effectively work within a team setting
- Background with NRTL compliance and electrical safety (field evaluation bodies)
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 25-month contract position through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA.