Expected Salary$55 - $59 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Commerce Taxonomist (Bilingual) to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll help create a unified product taxonomy for an online marketplace and work to improve commerce experiences for people and businesses all over the world.
You'll help create a product taxonomy with detailed attributes that will help sellers create the most effective listings, help buyers find what they're looking for, and help everyone have the very best experience. The ideal candidate is proficient in English as well as one or more of the following languages: Indonesian, Portuguese, German, Spanish, or French. This is a 6-month contract position with potential for FT conversion.
- Create and own the product taxonomy strategy for the marketplace.
- Coordinate and build alignment with teams and stakeholders to optimize for consistency and interoperability.
- Develop, manage, maintain, and iterate on a unified taxonomy for marketplace products.
- Build out categories and custom collections of products that power features like recommendations, similar items, merchandising themes, and more.
- Manage product attributes that power ranking models, structured content, faceted searches, product comparisons, and more.
- Create labels and other interface language that are consistent with company voice and content standards, and that can scale appropriately for internationalization needs.
- Make recommendations about ongoing taxonomy management as well as product strategies and features.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable product experiences for our billion-plus users.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Partner with project managers, engineers, product designers, researchers, and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some).
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years developing and managing product taxonomies for retail/e-commerce
- 3+ years information architecture experience
- Experience in taxonomy management maintaining categories, attributes, and other metadata
- Experience in taxonomy management for e-commerce web sites, apps, or software
- A portfolio or other work samples showing the impact of your e-commerce taxonomy work
- Ability to move fast and work with cross-functional teams on big, ambiguous problems
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Ability to build alignment amongst distributed stakeholders
- Ontology development and information domain modeling experience
- Metadata design experience
- Product/UX content strategy experience
- Experience with social products
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Indonesian, Portuguese, German, Spanish, French
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position based in Menlo Park, CA. There's potential for this role to convert to a FT position.