HireArt is looking to hire a Design Program Manager, UX Platform to work on-site at our client’s San Francisco office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll develop, implement and manage project plans for select high priority design projects.
You'll work to make the design organization as effective as possible, while defining how design interacts with cross-functional teams and being an advocate at all times.
We’re seeking candidates who are creative problem solvers and great communicators, and who have an understanding of the needs of a hyper-dynamic product design org. With a strong appreciation for the practice and process of design, you understand the multiple disciplines that go into a successful product.
You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover new ways of doing things, and work collaboratively with stakeholders. You also bring creativity to the operational aspects of a design team and deal with solving the “how,” while freeing up design lead peers to focus on crafting the “what.”
- Develop, implement and manage project plans for select high priority projects, create detailed work breakdowns, establish deadlines, and communicate key milestones.
- Provide strategic input on scope, resourcing and sequencing of large bodies of work.
- Manage stakeholders' expectations and competing priorities, to ensure the team has a clear and sustainable workload.
- Cultivate, negotiate and manage relationships with external contractors and agencies.
- Manage project contract execution and financial reporting.
- Provide up-to-date visibility into current projects, resource utilization, team performance and UX health across your teams.
- Identify and predict obstacles, collisions, and risk to projects across multiple teams and seek solutions to eliminate them.
- Continuously evolve the design process and tools to adapt to changing needs.
- Facilitate strategic stakeholder meetings including preparing agendas, keeping conversation on-track, and establishing and documenting outcomes and action items.
- Define and manage how the design team interfaces with other functions such as product management, engineering and marketing.
- Drive integration of the various disciplines within the design org (research, content strategy, localization, production design).
- Uphold standards and enforce product quality drivers like accessibility, localization, internationalization, trust, and anti-discrimination.
- Identify opportunities to build and apply systems and tooling that deliver product quality at scale.
- Cultivate a constructive critique environment and a scalable approval process for moving any work from feedback through to implementation.
- Establish team member onboarding and education programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years Program Management, Product Management, Project Management or related
- Experience in a cross-functional (Product, Design, Engineering), product-driven organization
- Deep knowledge of and appreciation for the Product Design process
- Background establishing systems, supporting teams, and developing relationships
- Competent with JIRA, Asana or equivalent (must be able to manage a ticket queue)
- Demonstrable skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, presentation and conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with experience interacting with senior leadership
- Passionate and enthusiastic about operational excellence and attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 3-month contract position based in San Francisco, CA.