Location:Los Altos, CA
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping Toyota Research Institute (TRI) hire a Triage Operations Specialist. At TRI, Technical Operations is developing a process to accelerate the safe testing of vehicle capabilities in the real world and to reinforce program requirements through structured and rigorous testing.
We are looking for a highly-skilled individual to contribute to this effort by triaging daily reports generated by test drives in order to surface issues to relevant development teams.
As Triage Operations Specialist, you will:
- Work closely with both the Field Operations and core Engineering teams.
- Analyze complex streams of information (logs, video files, sensor data) to triage and identify issues detected during autonomous vehicle drives.
- Interface with core engineering teams to communicate and discuss issues and gain an understanding of the overall autonomous driving platform.
- Use 3rd-party and proprietary tools as part of the triage process.
- Provide scripting support to help automate the triage process.
- Some travel may be required.
- Experience as a software test engineer debugging and triaging complex systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer-focused, organized, thorough and meticulous
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages a plus
- Prior experience in autonomous or robotic systems a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to the market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries Ph.D. degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us.