Expected Pay Rate:$52.00 - $56.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:2 year contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find a Chemical Engineer to design and execute experiments as well as assist with process improvement by identifying gaps in protocol. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ relevant experience and excellent interpersonal skills.
As Chemical Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with the research staff and other lab staff to execute the design of experiments.
- Operate testing tools to support materials and process development.
- Utilize metrology tools (e.g. FTIR, Contact Angle tool, NMR, Viscometer, AFM, refractometer, ellipsometer, optical microscope, DMA, Instron, etc.) to characterize materials and processed substrates.
- Work with research staff and engineering staff to analyze properties and performance of fabricated structures.
- Identify gaps in protocol and make recommendations for improvement proactively.
- Document the results of characterizations.
- Support staff for tool modifications and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in materials, science, chemistry, engineering, or similar
- 3+ years’ experience as a chemical engineer
- Knowledge of basic small molecule and polymer synthesis/formulation, work-up procedures, and formulation
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with chemical, mechanical, and optical analysis techniques (e.g. FTIR, UV-VIS, Contact Angle, NMR, AFM, Ellipsometry, optical microscope, DMA, DSC, TGA, etc.) and other characterization tools desired
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 2-year contract position through HireArt and based in Redmond, WA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.