Expected Salary$90.00 - $97.00 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Product Designer to work onsite at their client’s Menlo Park office on a contract basis. In this role you will act as a leader for your product area, with explicit accountabilities for the design quality of the team. You will also be working cross-functionally to enhance every facet of UX.
The ideal candidate will possess strong skill sets across product thinking, UI design, and execution and craft, with particular strengths in one or more of these areas. You will also demonstrate excellent leadership abilities and feel comfortable taking broad, conceptual ideas and turning them into something useful and valuable.
- Own a product space and work on projects that encompass multiple features that are ambiguous in scope.
- Deliver concrete end-to-end solutions that help define a product vision.
- Develop strong partnerships with product managers and engineers, providing product direction and exerting significant influence in defining goals for your product area.
- Design new patterns and introduce new standards that later become adopted by others.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for quality.
- Succinctly and effectively communicate work, including representing product team to executive leadership or in design forums.
- Actively mentor junior designers or interns and participate in team-wide initiatives (e.g. interviewing, recruiting, mentoring workshops, design standards, improving design tools, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software
- Some experience with front-end programming — (i.e. able to code a simple web site and/or application)
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions through excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 8-month contract position through HIreArt and based in Menlo Park, CA.