Location:New York, NY
Expected Pay Rate:$28.00 per hour
Schedule:30+ hours per week, including training sessions held throughout the NYC area, with trainings to be conducted between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m
Via is a growing, global company on the cutting edge of mobility, building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. HireArt is helping Via hire a Driver Trainer to support a new initiative Via is launching in partnership with the NYC Department of Education (DOE) to modernize the school busing system.
As Driver Trainer, you’ll support the rollout of a new GPS system and mobile application for New York City’s school bus drivers. You’ll be part of a team of trainers ensuring that school bus drivers across the city are excited about the project and properly trained in the technology.
The ideal candidate is someone with exceptional communication skills, the ability to empathize with trainees to understand and resolve any issues or questions, and the flexibility to lead training sessions throughout New York City’s 5 boroughs with limited notice. Previous experience as an educator or trainer is an asset, but not a requirement.
As a Via for Schools Driver Trainer, you will:
- Conduct field training sessions throughout NYC and it's surrounding boroughs (mainly Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn)
- Facilitate account setup for drivers and administrative console users.
- Instruct school bus company management in operational best practices.
- Instruct drivers and attendants on how to use the Via for Schools Driver mobile application.
- Maintain training and attendance records.
- Relay feedback to the Via for Schools project team.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to empathize with trainees and address their questions and concerns
- Values integrity - you're reliable, trustworthy, and punctual
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Available to conduct training sessions between 9 AM and 1 PM with a 48-hour notice
- Previous experience as a teacher or trainer a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (30-40 hours per week), ongoing contract position staffed via HireArt and based in New York, NY. This role requires flexible availability to accommodate training sessions and the ability to travel throughout New York City and surrounding suburbs as needed. Via is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
We’ve built revolutionary technology that is changing the way people get around cities. Using Via, a ride booked on your phone costs little more than the bus. Via is on-demand transit on a mass scale; it’s transportation that’s friendly to our planet. Currently live in NYC, Chicago, and Washington D.C., we’re backed by some of the world’s top investors and aggressively expanding. https://ridewithvia.com/