Location:San Francisco, CA
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest home-sharing marketplace find a Senior Front End Developer to provide ongoing maintenance and ownership of functionality created in support of implementing a new content management system (CMS).
The ideal candidate has extensive experience building front-end web applications, and takes a rigorous approach to code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will:
- Lead design and development of front end web architecture, ensuring responsiveness of applications and working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Create the best possible web authoring experience, using React to support content strategy efforts.
- Build a core set of reusable services integrating with CMS application programming interfaces.
- Automate the building and deployment of CMS customization and architecture using continuous integration and build scripts.
- Write lightweight webhook listeners to respond to events triggered by the CMS.
- Use Java to create and maintain webhook handlers, any necessary micro-services, queue workers, etc.
- Build and maintain a message queue to coordinate requests throughout the organization.
- Build and maintain search and aggregation service to augment CMS capabilities.
- Collaborate with other engineers and cross functional partners in product and design to build and launch key features to manage content on help center and host learning platform.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred
- 6+ years of industry experience building large-scale web front end systems
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java (preferred), PHP
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, MongoDB, and Oracle
- Proven familiarity with architectural models of a large-scale web application
- Experience in web best practices such as A / B testing and test coverage.
- Familiarity with designing and working with message queues, especially Kafka
- Experience and interest in working with other engineers and cross functional partners in product and design to build a world class online and offline product