Location:San Antonio, TX
Expected Pay Rate:$17.00 - $17.50 per hour
Schedule:40 hours per week
HireArt is helping our client hire an experienced and highly motivated Insurance Customer Service Representative. This is an ongoing work-from-home contract position with a competitive benefits package.
As an Insurance Customer Service Representative, you’ll provide high-quality support to policyholders and producers by answering policy questions and performing policy changes related to billing, underwriting, and general policy information.
The ability to handle a high volume of inquiries (telephone, email, chat) in a positive and professional manner and knowledge of insurance industry terminology, policy, and procedures are required for this role.
The ideal candidate can work independently, has a passion for helping others, and has the drive and desire to make significant contributions to the success of the company.
As an Insurance Customer Service Representative, you will:
- Handle incoming service inquiries (calls, emails, web chat) from policyholders, agents, and producers.
- Complete outbound calls to policyholders, agents, and producers for needed follow-up.
- Process policy changes, including endorsements, cancellations, customer name changes and mailing address changes.
- Handle product eligibility and underwriting inquiries from producers.
- Answer questions about underwriting concerns related to home inspections and select property and liability hazards.
- Accept payments from policyholders over the phone.
- Perform manual address validations.
- 2+ years of experience in a call center environment
- Knowledgeable in insurance industry terminology and procedures
- Comfortable handling a high volume of blended transactions (telephone, email, chat)
- Professional phone and people skills
- Computer skills in various applications
- Local to the San Antonio area
- Experience in property and casualty insurance is a plus
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), ongoing work from home contract position staffed via HireArt. HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.