Expected Salary$82 - $86 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Research Program manager to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this multi-faceted role, you’ll implement global operational systems, connect teams and knowledge, and problem solve operational hurdles to enable researchers to do their most impactful work.
You’ll ensure research efforts are planned, executed, and shared efficiently and seamlessly. You'll work closely with Research Leads to ensure all research project planning is completed, the right collaborations are happening, and highest quality work is being shared. The ideal candidate is able to facilitate teams' best work by managing short- and long-term planning, anticipating project issues and resolving them, connecting research needs to resources, and removing barriers to doing great work.
The Research Program Manager is an expert in problem solving and multitasking while building long-term relationships with teams. You'll utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills that help talented teams operate at their highest and most effective level. Broad knowledge of research and project management, excellent communication skills, ability to manage complex logistics, and a highly organized approach are essential to this role.
Research Initiative Management
- Understand how research initiatives fit into larger strategies.
- Facilitate relationships between teams.
- Coordinate resources across multiple international research initiatives and teams.
- Ensure awareness of key milestone dates and communicate issues related to staying on schedule across initiatives.
- Track activities on research programs and establishes a clear path and ownership of next steps.
- Establish meetings or integration points between teams.
- Predict roadblocks and obstacles.
- Prioritize competing needs with good reasoning and creative solutions.
- Hold the line when schedule or progress is in jeopardy while maintaining respectful relationships.
- Contribute to program processes and tools, update databases, and initiate improvements where needed.
UX Research Onboarding Program Management
- Work both independently and with a committee to run Design and UX Research Onboarding program for new hires.
- Provide support and resources during and after onboarding timeline to ensure a positive and successful orientation experience.
- Together with Lead, partners to run Intern Onboarding Program for Summer UX Interns.
Learning and Development
- Works closely with Leads to execute and build upon UX Research Continued Education learning and development opportunities for Researchers.
- Partners with Leads and other stakeholders to launch Continued Education Program in remote offices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of related Program or Project Management experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills, with the ability to multi-task and juggle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- General knowledge of research and/or UX design is preferred
Commitment: This is a 9 mo. contract.