Expected Salary$82.00 - $89.00 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Senior Product Designer to work on-site at our client's Seattle office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll support Business-to-Consumer (B2C) initiatives and have the opportunity to design key areas of a digital shopping experience that is differentiated through engaging features and tools.
This role requires cross-company collaboration, systems thinking, strong visual execution, and a passion for e-commerce. You'll own an entire product space, working on projects that encompass multiple features and are broad and even ambiguous in scope. Given a high-level problem, you'll deliver concrete end-to-end solutions that help define a product vision.
The ideal designer for this position will embody both product-thinking and design and will be comfortable leveraging the design process to work through any product ambiguity.
- Work to quickly deliver high-quality solutions using Sketch, Framer, and/or Origami.
- Partner with product designers to define viable, scalable solutions that leverage patterns and standard components.
- Operate with great transparency, ensuring clarity amongst cross-functional partners and other designers on the team about priorities, status, and solutions.
- Demonstrate solid leadership skills, able to quickly build trust and partnerships with product managers and engineers to exert influence in defining goals and success criteria for specific initiatives.
- Oversee the implementation of the user experience from product conception to launch, as well as post-launch design support.
- Partner directly with engineers to define experimentation frameworks and ensure the user experience is sound and complete.
- Experience in building and shipping products, applications or software
- Experience in e-commerce and/or retail
- Fluency in user experience, visual design, interaction design, and product thinking ('what we should build' as well as 'how it should look')
- Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate design decisions
- Fluency in Sketch as well either Framer or Origami
- Portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 2-month contract position through HireArt and based in Seattle, WA.