Expected Pay Rate:$45.00 - $52.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Metrology Engineer to test and debug advanced optical systems for near-to-eye display applications.
In this role, you’ll maintain display and optical lab equipment (e.g. performing calibration, data collection, and data analysis). You’ll also apply your knowledge of display and optics to bring up new test metrologies.As a Metrology Engineer, you will:
- Support display and optics product development by enabling data collection, analysis, and troubleshooting with internal engineering teams and manufacturing partners.
- Specify instruments and tools for display and optical measurements of components, sub-assemblies, and systems.
- Work with vendors for development and qualification of tools and custom test systems, including statistical analysis controls and methods.
- Work with other team members to create test plans for components and display/optical systems.
- Debug and perform root-cause analysis on issues with fabricated components and assess their viability in terms of product requirements.
- Deliver test system rigor through GRR, tolerance analysis, and cross correlation of measurements, internally and with external partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Optical Sciences, Physics, or related engineering field
- Experience in applied research or product development of advanced displays and optics
- Experience with optical technologies (e.g. imaging, illumination, photometry, physical optics, polarization, and color science)
- Strong engineering background in optics/physics, electric electronics, device fabrication, or related field
- Knowledge of LED/LCD/OLED display technology,and display optical system/performance evaluation
- Experience with basic color science and photometry
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments, automation, and fixtures
- Knowledge of standard tools and methods for measurement, system automation, and control
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis
- Proficiency with computer languages (e.g. Matlab/Mathematica/C++) for simulations and modeling
- Creative, analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Self motivated, persuasive, and analytical
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Sunnyvale, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.