GopherMe is an online marketplace that connects users with reliable people in their neighborhood who are willing and able to run errands and take care of skilled tasks for them.
How It Works
- Users select one of ten task categories (shopping/delivery, cleaning, moving, repairs, etc.) to indicate the type of help they need.
- They fill out a form indicating when and where the Gopher should go, and include any details necessary to complete the request.
- After submitting the form, users are shown a list of available Gophers to choose from, with reviews and hourly rates for each person.
- Users select their preferred Gopher, confirm the details of their task, and submit their request.
- A Gopher is automatically notified when they've been selected, and they are required to accept or decline the job in GopherMe's internal system. If they need more information before proceeding, they get in touch with one of four Request Takers who will get the necessary details from the user and pass it along.
- Gophers must use the GopherMe app to indicate that they are on their way to their task. At this point, GopherMe uses a GPS tracking feature to safeguard against lateness and to stay abreast of any travel issues.
- Upon task completion, both the Gopher and the Customer must use the GopherMe app to indicate that a task has been completed.
Gophers are paid at an hourly rate. Minimum task time is 1 hour, with additional time calculated in half-hour increments. Tasks take an average of 1.5 hours.
Gopher Support Responsibilities
GopherMe currently employs two full-time Gopher Support agents, one of whom is you! Your job is to monitor the phone, email, and online chat service and respond to Gopher questions as quickly as possible. This role can involve any of the following:
- Explaining GopherMe policies and procedures
- Notifying Gophers of any major issues or changes that may affect normal workflow
- Fielding inquiries about pay rate and monetary incentives
- Investigating customer complaints when they are not satisfied with a Gopher's work
Gopher Support agents are not Gophers themselves but act as their support team. In addition, Gopher Support agents ensure Gophers comply with the rules of the company.